UPDATE AND RESPONSE: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY AIRPORT AND COVID-19
The Ohio State University Airport is committed to the health and safety of the public and our employees during the global COVID-19 health situation. We are also cognizant of our critical mission as a Federal Aviation Administration National Reliever Airport and general aviation Part 139 airport.
During this unprecedented situation, we are actively implementing standards set forth by local, state and federal public health officials to help combat the spread of COVID-19. The following describes activities primary to our response to this evolving situation.
HOURS OF OPERATION
During this time our airport is operating on a modified schedule.
- Austin E. Knowlton Executive Terminal hours: visitors are required to have a business purpose to enter the terminal; customer service hours vary - please call (614-292-5460) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance to verify availability
- Line service availability: Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 11 p.m., Saturday - Sunday 6:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.; all aircraft ground services available; contact: 614-292-5580
- Barnstormer Diner: Click for more information and potential COVID-related schedule adjustments.
In an effort to further promote the safety of the public and our staff, select services and areas of our terminal are currently closed to guests.
- Austin E. Knowlton Executive Terminal: Visitors are required to have a business purpose to enter the terminal
- Room rentals: Suspended
- Tours: Suspended
We are implementing the following procedures to enhance our response to this situation.
- Disinfecting high-touch areas with increased application and frequency
- Disinfecting furniture in the terminal and Pilot Lounge
- Propping open doors of common-use areas, such as the Pilot Lounge
- Maintaining high quality sanitization of restrooms and all facilities
- Practicing social distancing and increased hand washing among staff
- Requiring all non-essential staff to work from home
Airport and flight education leaders have carefully evaluated the state’s guidelines and have developed plans and procedures to resume in-person flight training operations while prioritizing the safety of students and staff.
The Ohio State University Airport is dedicated to the safety of our community, our employees and the flying public. We will continue to work closely with public health officials in alignment with The Ohio State University to monitor our response to COVID-19.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.