Austin E. Knowlton Executive Terminal and Aviation Education Center (August 2017 – October 2018)
Week of May 21
Landscaping work has begun, and the curbs and sidewalks are being installed.
Week of April 23
- Exterior work continues. Roof edges and exterior siding
- Sidewalks around the east end of the parking lot are being placed
- The new driveway is being placed
- Drywall is mostly in place inside the building
- Floor tile work has begun within the locker rooms/restroom areas
- The HVAC system has passed testing and is being activated by areas
- Concrete approaches around door entrances of the building are ready to pour
- Drywall finishing and painting to begin shortly in some areas
Traffic and Parking is especially challenging. Lots of mud, construction vehicles, and parking area closures are testing everyone.
Please note the Barnstormer Restaurant WILL BE OPEN for business as usual. Special pedestrian walk-ways will be established. Please follow the directions given by numerous signs that are to be posted to guide you to/from the hangars and restaurant.
North Runway Rehabilitation (August 2017 - May 2018)
We are waiting on drier conditions so we may complete a final "spring" punch list of items for this project. Preparing the runway edges and seeding is the big item left to complete. Minor ruts outside the safety areas and general clean-up of the staging areas is all that remains for project closeout.
Air Traffic Control Tower Life Safety Stairs
The life safety stairwell is complete and functional. The only thing remaining is some exterior painting when weather permits.
FAA Tech Ops Installing New Control Cabling to RTR
Placement of the remaining concrete structions connecting the direct bury and open trench conduits is to be determined. We are awaiting some dryer ground conditions to allow placement of the connector vaults for the underground conduit. Once work begins again, about a week is expected for completion.